1. GAME TIME IS FORFEIT TIME.
2. Assignments will be given to referees on a weekly basis. If you know that on a particular date you will not be available, you need to let the referee coordinator know no less than 48 hours ahead of time. If you don't show up for your assignment and/or notification is not provided with ample time you will be fined $20.
3. YOUTH DIVISION
All teams must present their Rec.and Park player passes or approved CYSA passes or Futsal passes to you, the referee, before the start of each game.
All players must present their photo ID (California ID, military ID, CDL or passport) or their Futsal passes to you, the referee, before the start of each game.
4. PROTESTS: Whenever a coach indicates that he/she has decided to play a game under protest or to protest the game, you as a referee must write a report at the end of the game and turn it in to league officials within 48 hours. Likewise, send off reports must be filled out and sent to the league office within 48 hours.
5. All officials must wear a yellow, red, black or blue referees' jersey. Referees must wear black shorts and black socks.
6. Referees will receive two payments in the form of check. The first payment will come in the middle of the season and the next payment by the end of the season.
7. Pay scale is: $22 per each youth game (U-10 through U-18)
$27 per each adult game (Men or Women)
8. REFEREES: Please remember that the success of our league depends in great part on your performance as well as your demeanor during, before and after the games. You should know that the Recreation and Park Department Soccer Board is committed to support you in all matters pertaining to the league, especially the ones that touch on your expertise. You should keep in mind the following points:
a. You should give the game your full attention. Do not distract yourself by talking to friends on the sidelines. Please remember it is ok to develop relationships before or after the game, but not during the game.
b. Check soccer goals to make sure there are no holes on the nets, and identify any other safety hazards on or around the field.
c. Do not allow profanity to take over the good spirit of the game. Sanction it from the players as well as from the coaches.
d. Protect the physical integrity of all players. Do not allow unnecessary rough play. Sanction it immediately. Keep the game under control.
FOR ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CONTACT REFEREE COORDINATOR LUIS AZUCENA AT 337-4708 OR BY EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org